Note: the following trip is over. I am planning another for 2016. The information below will give you an idea of what to expect.
Israel Trip 2013
Tour company: Aristotle Travel Ltd, through Dino Roussos
- Chris Hutson, PhD, Associate Professor of New Testament at ACU
- James Prather, ACU Master of Divinity student
Trip Dates: January, 2013 (exact dates still TBA, but it must be in the first half of the month)
Approx cost: $3200 per person (includes everything except lunches and souvenirs)
Registration: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. $500 Deposit due: Sept. 1, 2012.
- Mt Carmel
- Sea of Galilee
- Cesarea Philippi
- Hezekiah’s Tunnel
- Temple Mount
- Western Wall
- Mount of Olives
- Free time in Jerusalem for shopping and exploration
- 3 nights at King Solomon Hotel (www.kingsolomon-hotel.com)
- 1 night at Bedouin Hospitality Kfar Hanokdim (www.hanokdim.com)
- 4 nights at Grand Court in Jerusalem (www.grandhotels-israel.com)
Is it safe to go?
Although the media plays up the violence in Israel and the surrounding countries, it is no more common than in the United States. Israel is actually one of the safest countries in the middle east. Thousands upon thousands of tourists visit Israel every year and return safely with amazing stories to tell.
What to expect?
This will not be your typical tourist trip. This trip will be full of visiting important archeological sites that have been hand-picked by Chris and James. We will use these sites to encounter the scriptures in new ways. Every day will be full of new insight into the scriptures as we place them in their original context. Expect a high-level of discussion and explanation and a deep level of digging into the Bible.